Field Decorum Official Regulations XIV
- Description of Playing Levels
- Skill Evaluations
- Player Commitment
- Parent Commitment
- Parents' Obligations
- Communicating With Your Child's Coach
- Coach Evaluation Checklist
- Dealing With Unsatisfactory Coaching
- Helping Your Child's Coach
- Preseason Practice and Season Play
- Field Decorum Official Regulations XIV
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Injury and Insurance Coverage
- Complaint Procedure
The following regulations are directly quoted from the Official Regulations and Playing Rules Handbook published by Little League Baseball, Inc., and apply at all levels of play:
- (a) The actions of players, managers, coaches, umpires and league officials must be above reproach. Any player, manager, coach, umpire or league representative who is involved in a verbal or physical altercation, or an incident of unsportsmanlike conduct, at the game site or any other Little League activity, is subject to disciplinary action by the Local League Board of Directors.
- (b) Uniformed players, news photographers, managers, coaches and umpires only shall be permitted within the confines of the playing field just prior to and during games. Batboys and/or batgirls are not permitted. Except for the batter, base runners, and base coaches at first and third bases, all players shall be on their benches in their dugouts or in the bullpen when the team is at bat. When the team is on defense, all reserve players shall be on their benches or in the bullpen.
- (c) One adult base coach is permitted in Major league play; two adults may base coach in the PCL and instructional leagues provided at least one adult manager or coach remains in the dugout.
- (d) A manager or coach shall not leave the bench or dugout except to confer with a player or an umpire and only after receiving permission from an umpire. (Exception: in the PCL and instructional leagues, managers and coaches may be on the field for instructional purposes, but shall not assist runners or touch a live ball. At least one adult manager or coach must be in the dugout at all times.)
- (e) The use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages in any form is prohibited on the playing field, benches, or dugouts.